1/2 cup loosely packed fresh continental parsley leaves
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
1 brown onion, quartered
500g lean beef mince
1 teaspoon Masterfoods Ground Coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground mild paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
10 saffron threads
1 tablespoon hot milk
200ml container skim-milk natural yoghurt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, extra
2 teaspoons olive oil
Yield: 8 servings
1. Line a large baking tray with foil. Place parsley, fresh coriander and onion in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add mince, ground coriander, cumin, paprika, allspice and season with salt and pepper. Process until well combined and paste-like.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high. Use your hands to mould a heaped tablespoonful of beef mixture around a wooden skewer into a 7cm pointed-ended sausage. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and skewers. Cover and set aside.
3. Place the saffron and hot milk in a small bowl and set aside. Combine the yoghurt, extra fresh coriander, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Brush the kofta with a little of the oil and cook under preheated grill, turning carefully once and brushing with the oil, for 5-8 minutes or until browned and just cooked through.
5. Add saffron mixture to yoghurt mixture and mix well. Serve kofta with saffron yoghurt.