2 Cups Puffed Rice (Murmura/Mamra)
5-6 Paapdi (Crunchy Salty Wafers)
1 Tablespoon Roasted Peanuts
1/2 Cup Sev (think crunchy noodles made from Gram Flour)
1/2 Cup Onions
1/2 Cup Boiled Potatoes
1/2 Cup Tomato
1 Green Chilli
2 Tablespoons Fresh Coriander Leaves (Dhania)
1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
2 Teaspoons Tamarind Chutney (Imli Chutney)
2 Teaspoons Green Coriander Chutney
1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
Yield: 4 servings
1. Take puffed rice in a large bowl. Add 5-6 pieces of Namkeen Papdi, roasted Peanutes and Sev. You can also add Mixed Namkeen, Bundi or roasted Chana Dal.
2. Add boiled Potato, diced Tomatoes, finely diced Onion and fresh cut pieces of green Chilli into the bowl.
3. Add Red Chilli Powder, Chaat Masala Powder and Salt to the bowl.
4. Add Tamarind Chutney (Imli Chutney), Green Coriander Chutney along with a dash of fresh lemon juice and mix all the ingredients well.
5. Bhel Puri is ready. Garnish it with Sev and freshly cut coriander leaves (Hara Dhaniya). Serve it immediately otherwise it will become soggy. If preparing for guests, prepare all dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and then mix them just before serving so that the Bhel remains crunchy.